Tuesday, August 01, 2006

 

Ramblings: Ready for School

I’m just about ready for classes to start back up again. It’s not that I don’t enjoy living at home, working where I work, or being in my hometown. I just really miss my friends at school. This year will probably be the last year I see some of my friends and I would really love to spend as much time as I can just hanging out with them. My fall semester is probably going to eat me alive. I finish all of my major classes and most of my minor classes. I’ll probably spend an hour or two a day on homework!! Gasp! Ha, yeah I know as a senior I should probably spend more, but that’s actually pretty much double what I have spent the last 3 years.

Winter break will be utterly amazing. The stress from school, wedding planning, moving, and finances will be gone, and I can concentrate on Christmas and loving my bride to be. We’ll be married in January, take a cruise to Jamaica, Cozumel, and the Grand Caymans. Ugh, the prospect of a vacation seems so foreign to me. I haven’t had one in 9 years. I could really use one, and will really NEED one after all the stress from fall.

After a wonderful break, I’m set to take 5 classes in the spring. All of these classes are freshman level. So I can concentrate on helping my new wife apply for graduate assistantship at conservatories around the country and find jobs in whatever city she picks! I’ve got so much to look forward to and I’m sooo thankful for everything! My mood today is one of anticipation.

On a side note: The Gilmore Girls has the best dialogue of any TV show ever!!