Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

Prayers: I'm not the same

My prayer for today is for those who are unaccepted. Myself included. I pray that we look inside of ourselves and accept the out-reached hands of the neighbors around us. Everyone has been unaccepted at one point in their lives. Everyone has treated someone else unacceptably. My prayer is that I treat others with the same accepting heart that God has shown me through His Son and His Word. I also pray that I look inside of myself and rid myself of the fear of being unaccepted. I know that this fear has caused a lot of the drift between myself and many of the people I know.

For some reason I am unaccepting of certain types of people at a specific church. I am actually afraid to go in there and I honestly don't believe this stems from my social anxiety. The passion isn't lacking, but I want the confidence to raise my arms in church. Everyone else has their arms raised, and I know I am invited to raise mine, but my fear overtakes me. I pray that the fear within all of us is reckoned with.

My life is not mine. My life died when I accepted Christ into my soul. Why do I try to live as if he doesn't reside within my heart?
God gave himself bipolar disorder and anxiety disorder when I was diagnosed, why am I resentful or ashamed? God gave this to Himself through me... If I were smart I'd bring it to him daily, just as I take my medicine daily. Maybe that's what I'll do, with each pill I will say a prayer to the Lord who has given me the disorders and the means to combat them.

- 2 Minds